In Florida, a felony is a criminal offense punishable by death or imprisonment. Do not risk your future to an inexperienced criminal defense attorney. Work with a legal professional who understands both the courts and the system. Attorney Stan Peeler regularly helps people charged with many types of crimes, including:
In Florida, there are five levels of felonies:
1. Capital Felony: A capital felony is a criminal act punishable by death pursuant to Florida Statute Section 929.141, or alternatively, a defendant convicted of such a crime may be punished by life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.
2. Life Felony: The criminal act in a life felony circumstance subjects the defendant to prison time up to life imprisonment.
3. First-Degree Felony: The term of imprisonment for a criminal act constituting a first-degree felony shall be a prison term not exceeding 30 years, but in certain specified circumstances, the term of imprisonment may be for a period of time up to life imprisonment.
4. Second-Degree Felony: A defendant who has been convicted of a felony of the second degree may be punished by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 15 years.
5. Third-Degree Felony: A third-degree felony is punishable by imprisonment not in excess of five years.
When facing felony charges, a good criminal defense attorney is imperative. Peeler Law Firm, PLLC, is available for immediate consultation. We can answer your questions and let you know how we can help.
Pensacola attorney Stan Peeler has over 30 years of criminal law and Florida legal experience at both the state and federal court level. He will personally address your case with you at your convenience. Please contact the firm at 850-432-7705 or email us. us. Flat fee and hourly rates are available for consideration.